May 27, 2020
We are opening June 5th, 2020.
Update of Amenities:
The Misquamicut Fire District beach we provide access to will be open. There is limited access to bathrooms and no outdoor shower all season. Bathrooms open June 20th.
Our continental breakfast is still available, however, no longer self service. We are taking orders online to be delivered to you.
Cleanliness is #1 priority. We are cleaning all public areas and highly trafficked and touched items multiple times per day.
Daily Housekeeping will be provided by request only.
In addition to our texting capabilities with guests - you can now check in, order your breakfast for pickup, order food from Maria's Seaside Cafe for delivery to your room and rent a bike online.
We will bring your keys to your car (all things sanitized of course!)!
We have made hand sanitizer, gloves & masks available at our front desk.
UPDATED COVID-19 HOTEL CANCELLATION POLICY:
Guests wanting to cancel their reservations with overnight stays through May 31, 2020 may do so for a full refund with 24 hours advance notice. The $35 cancellation fee will be waived.
After May 31, 2020:
Unless there is a Rhode Island mandatory quarantine, our normal cancellation policy applies.
If there is an extended Rhode Island domestic travel quarantine, for those specific dates, you may cancel with 24 hours notice; with no penalty and full refund of deposit.
The safety and health of our guests and staff is always a top priority. In light of COVID-19 and for precautionary measures, some amenities and services may be unavailable or limited until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience.
April 8, 2020
Due to COVID -19 and with guidance from our Governor, my family and I have decided to postpone our opening yet again. We now plan on and are hopeful to open on Friday, May 15th. On that day we look forward to welcoming you back into a safe and spick and span facility.
This being Holy Week, it is sad to think that because of this virus, we cannot celebrate Passover or Easter, together with our families. For this reason alone, it is important that we stay home and stay healthy so we can get back to living life as usual as quickly as possible. We wish you and your family good health, Happy Easter and Happy Passover from a distance.
John for The Bellone Family
Hotel COVID-19 Cancelation Policy:
Guests wanting to cancel their reservations with overnight stays through May 31, 2020 may do so for a full refund with 24 hours advance notice. The $35 cancelation fee will be waived.
Quarantine Certificates :
Consider purchasing a certificate and save 10% off of the face value. Certificates may be used towards current or future hotel reservations or for dining at Maria’s Seaside Cafe through 2022. Call or email us through April 30th, 2020 to order yours.
These certificates cannot be used for payment on Group bookings or for reservations made through a 3rd party.
MARCH 31, 2020
DEAR FRIENDS & FAMILY:
I HAVE BEEN MONITORING THE COVID-19 CRISIS ALMOST AROUND THE CLOCK. I KNOW EVENTUALLY WE WILL WIN THE BATTLE AND THINGS WILL NORMALIZE, BUT SADLY WE ARE NOT THERE YET. WE MUST STAY HOME AND STAY HEALTHY! THAT IS WHY MY FAMILY AND I HAVE CHOSEN TO KEEP BREEZEWAY RESORT, MARIA’S SEASIDE CAFE AND THE HOTEL MARIA CLOSED UNTIL AT LEAST MAY 1ST.
IN LATE FEBRUARY MY FAMILY AND I WERE PREPARING FOR A TRIP TO SICILY TO VISIT FRIENDS AND FAMILY. WHEN ALITALIA CANCELLED OUR FLIGHT 2 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE, IT WAS CLEAR THE CORONAVIRUS WAS GOING TO DISRUPT LIVES IN WAYS I DIDN’T IMAGINE AT THE TIME. OUR LIVES HAVE ALL CHANGED AND THE ONCE SIMPLE DECISION TO TRAVEL TO THE BEACH FOR A QUICK GETAWAY OR FOR A NIGHT OUT FOR DINNER HAVE COME INTO QUESTION. WHILE WE HAVE “PUMPED THE BRAKES” ON OUR 2020 OPENING, OUR WONDERFUL EMPLOYEES, MY FAMILY AND I ARE ANXIOUS TO GET BACK TO WORK SOON. THE SOCIAL DISTANCING THING IS GETTING VERY OLD AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL AGAIN IN PERSON.
YOUR GOVERNOR ASKED YOU TO STAY HOME AND QUARANTINE,
I’M ASKING YOU TO STAY WITH US AND BUY QUARANTINE CERTIFICATES.
- STAY WITH US: IF YOU ARE THINKING OF CANCELLING YOUR 2020 RESERVATION AT BREEZEWAY RESORT OR THE HOTEL MARIA, WHY NOT CONSIDER MOVING YOUR RESERVATION TO A LATER DATE. WE WILL WAIVE THE $35 RESERVATION CHANGE FEE. IF YOU DON’T KNOW WHICH DATES YOU WANT TO SWITCH THE RESERVATION TO YET, YOU WILL RECEIVE FULL CREDIT TOWARDS A FUTURE STAY THIS YEAR OR ANY FUTURE YEAR.
- BUY QUARANTINE CERTIFICATES: WHEN YOU PURCHASE QUARANTINE CERTIFICATES YOU WILL SAVE 10%. YOU MAY THEN REDEEM THESE CERTIFICATES LIKE CASH FOR THE FULL FACE VALUE AT EITHER MARIA’S SEASIDE CAFE, THE HOTEL MARIA AND / OR BREEZEWAY RESORT. QUARANTINE CERTIFICATES WILL BE HONORED THROUGH 2022. QUARANTINE CERTIFICATES ARE SOLD IN $50 AND $100 DENOMINATIONS.
401-348-8953 BREEZEWAY RESORT
401-596-6886 MARIA’S SEASIDE CAFE
401-622-4000 THE HOTEL MARIA
- BUY A $50 QUARANTINE CERTIFICATE, PAY $45
- BUY A $100 QUARANTINE CERTIFICATE, PAY $90
- AVAILABLE FOR SALE THROUGH APRIL 30, 2020.
- WE LIMIT $1,000 OF QUARANTINE CERTIFICATES SOLD TO ONE PERSON.
- QUARANTINE CERTIFICATES MAY BE APPLIED TOWARDS EXISTING OR FUTURE RESERVATIONS AT THE HOTEL MARIA AND BREEZEWAY RESORT THROUGH 2022.
- QUARANTINE CERTIFICATES MAY BE APPLIED TOWARDS FOOD AND BEVERAGE AT MARIA’S SEASIDE CAFE THROUGH 2022.
- QUARANTINE CERTIFICATES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT ANY LOCATION WHERE A PRE-NEGOTIATED DISCOUNT HAS ALREADY BEEN APPLIED OR IF YOU MADE YOUR BOOKING THROUGH A TRAVEL AGENT.
50 YEARS AGO, MY PARENTS BOUGHT THE BREEZEWAY. THROUGH HARD WORK AND THROUGH THICK AND THIN THEY REALIZED THE AMERICAN DREAM. NONE OF IT WOULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT OUR LOYAL GUESTS WHO HAVE KEPT US IN BUSINESS YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR. TODAY, MY ELDERLY FATHER IS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR AN UNRELATED ILLNESS. HE’LL PULL THROUGH. FOR HIM AND FOR ALL OF US, PLEASE STAY HOME AND STAY HEALTHY.
JOHN FOR THE BELLONE FAMILY